Monday, March 16, 2009

Troy's New Toy

For Christmas Lisa bought Troy a Garmin Forerunner 305 which is a wristwatch GPS that is designed to be used during running, biking, skiing, or any other activity where you want to track your route, speed, heart rate, elevation, etc... Troy has tried it out during his Friday vacation days these past two weeks. To say that he is excited about it is an understatement. I am sure that he will want to write more about it, but I am starting this off. Here is a link to some of the data loaded to a free web site for sharing: link .
On my March 6th ride I saw snow in the shadows at 1300' elevation. By the time I climbed to 1800' there was snow on the road. Here is a cell phone self potrait at 2100'.

The temperature ranged from 48 down to 37 degrees in the hills. The ride turned into more miles than I originally planned and I loved it! 51 miles and 5100' climbing.
On March 13th we had the warmest day of the 2009 with a high temp of 61 degrees. I rode with my friends Todd and Greg. We covered 43 miles and climbed 4100'.

No comments: