Saturday, March 14, 2009

Never thought I would wake up to that!

This morning I awakened to the sound of Troy's pager vibrating on the dresser. Or so I thought. I got out of bed to turn it off. It wasn't on. Hmmm... I checked Troy's phone, my phone. Neither of them were in vibrate mode. And, yet, the fast pulsating sound continued every 40 seconds or so. What could it be? We do not have proof, but we are fairly confident that the sound I woke to was a woodpecker pecking the side of our house! Wild! I guess there are several types of woodpeckers in this area and it is not terribly uncommon for them to peck on houses. I just never would have thought of that ! I guess I am not fully adjusted to the Northwest. :-)

1 comment:

Betty said...

You would think the woodpecker could wait until you are up in the morning. No lights, no pecking. How rude!