Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Toothless in Seattle




... Well I couldn't think of an appropriate "S" word to make the title work. It is late so we are going with that. :-)

After the last posting (see below), it occurred to me that I failed to post anything about our Seattle trip in June. How are the two related- you ask? Axel lost his 2nd tooth on a weekend trip to Seattle...

Packed in between our groups of summer visitors we managed a 2 day trip to Seattle at the end of June. The purpose for our trip was to visit with Troy's Aunt Mary and Uncle Gale who were to be in Seattle for the weekend to attend a wedding. Aunt Mary called to see if we would be able to meet them there. The bride and groom (who we had never met) were kind enough to invite our family to their awesome reception so that we could visit with Mary & Gale. I say awesome reception because in addition to the great company and food, we were treated to a bluegrass band and mandatory square dancing! Troy and I and the boys had a blast!!!

On Sunday we visited some of the downtown Seattle sights and took the Water Taxi across Elliot Bay. It was on this trip that Axel lost his 2nd tooth.

It was terrific to see Mary, Gale and his son, Mike! We had such a good time on our trip to Seattle. We hope to do it again someday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! It's Charlie/Jen from the OC sisters gang! Hey, I got our letters in the mail a few weeks ago and just noticed that it came from Megan to me and bypassed you! I think that's probably because your info was so old on the sheet! I tried calling the number I had for your address in Sandy, OR but I got a nice lady who said she just got your number about a month ago so now I'm wondering if your address is different too? The one I have is with you on Sawyer street. Is that right? Could you please send me an email and let me know all your new info so I can send the packet to you next? My email is jgbitten1@aol.com. I think your last letter was from Oct. '06 so it has been quite a while! You know, if we can all figure out how to set up these blogs then we could be more on top of things I think, maybe?! Anyway, I hope you all are well. Such an adventurous crew you got there, but I don't see mommy in any of the pics! Its the same with us because I'm always the one behind the camera. I've just recently figured out how to take a close-up with me holding the camera while being in the picture as well! It ususally only works with two of us in the picture, but hey, that's better than nothing! Hope to hear from you soon!