Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cool Company

Our June & July this year have been filled with visitors from the mid-west!
Our first set of company to arrive was highly anticipated!!! John & Sarah Martin and their children, Hannah & Caleb, came to visit in mid-June. John & Sarah are long-time friends and our relationship is one of those rare treasures where you fall immediately into comfortable conversation and laughter even if you haven't spoken for months.







Troy was especially excited to have John as a riding partner and show him some of the great cycling in this area. We hit the ground running and completed a pretty comprehensive tour of the Portland area in 6 days... We did the coast (Pacific City) and conquered the biggest sand dune I have ever seen. The reward was an awesome view of the ocean and caves & tide pools that can not be seen from the beach. Tillamook Dairy, Mt. Hood / Timberline Lodge, Salmon River hike (one of our favorites), the Oregon Zoo, Downtown Portland, Bridal Veil Falls, and Multnomah Falls. Our boys loved having Hannah & Caleb around as they are just enough older to make them feel like they were doing really big stuff playing with them. :-)

The visit was everything that we had hoped. We are already looking forward to their next trip to Oregon!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks like you guys have been really busy! I was so excited to see all of your pictures. What a fun summer. I'm reading The Shack right now. I'll tell you my thoughts as soon as I finish, but I think it's really interesting so far. Thanks for recommending it! Drop me an e-mail some time and let me know how everything is going!